D-Day Revival Tours
Exclusive D-Day Map Room Tours
These visits are the centrepiece of the Southwick Revival event and sell out as soon as tickets are released. To avoid disappointment, subscribe to our eNewsletter (by filling in the form which you will find right at the bottom of this page) and when tickets are released, eNews subscribers will receive an email with a priority booking link.
D-DAY MAP ROOM TOURS:
Your all-in-one package includes:-
- Free car parking in Gold car park
- Entry to the Village event
- Period Shuttle Bus to Southwick House
- Entry to Southwick House and the famous D-Day Wall Map, preserved in its original position and set for H-Hour, D-Day.
- Special 45 minute talk in the Map Room by museum staff will give you an insight into the enormous scale and detail of the planning of Operation Overlord.
- Entry to Royal Military Police Museum within Southwick Park
- Option to pre-book a cold lunch in Mother Attwells 1940’s Tea Rooms. Lunch only available to Map Room visitors.
- Return by Shuttle Bus
Tours available on Saturday and Sunday of the Revival weekend only.
Departing for Southwick House by period shuttle bus from Gold Car Park, West Street, Southwick: Five tours per day. The tour will last approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes including transport, map room talk and RMP museum.
Choose from departures; 9:45am, 11am, 12:15pm, 13:30pm and 14:45pm
Strictly limited to 70 people per tour
Entry to Southwick House to ticket holders only, riding in shuttle bus. No direct entry via main gate. Shuttle bus returns visitors to the D-Day Memorial Hall.
Rianna – “It was absolutely amazing! The village looked so lovely. I love how everyone was involved.
The tour of Southwick House was great, would’ve loved the talk to be longer. I think we might look to find out about visiting there again.”
Mike – “ It just couldn’t have been better! Everything about the day was perfect, everyone in Southwick worked so hard to make it a day to remember, you should all be very proud.”
Rachael – “Excellent event, pasties great, the talk at Southwick House & seeing the D-Day planning map was fascinating, rounded off nicely with a drink at the Red Lion!”
Jo – “My parents & I had a wonderful day on Sunday. The tour of Southwick House was amazing & sitting in the Map Room is something I shall never forget – really quite moving.
The villagers put on a wonderful display of 1940’s life, & the whole village looked splendid.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for hosting this wonderful event. We WILL remember them xx”